- Ades, D. and Bracewell, M. (2010) John Stezaker. London: Ridinghouse
- Ann Temkin ; with essays by Amy Temkin…[et al]. (2010) Gabriel Orozco. United Kingdom: Tate Publishing.
- Lacoste, A. and Ritchin, F. (2010) Felice Beato: a photographer on the Eastern road. Los Angeles: J Paul Getty Museum Pubns
- McKinnis, J. A. (1994) Handcoloring photographs. New York: Amphoto Books
- Roberts, P. (2007) A century of colour photography: from the autochrome to the digital age. London: Andre Deutsch
- Shore, R. (2014) Post-Photography: The Artist with a Camera. United Kingdom: Laurence King Publishing.
- Wakita, M. (2013) Staging Desires: Japanese Femininity in Kusakabe Kimbei’s Nineteenth Century Souvenir Photography. United States: Dietrich Reimer
- Yang, Y. and Stuart, J. (2013) Artificial wonderland. Paris Beijing.
- Bidner, J. (no date) Hand-coloring photographs. (One To One) Petersen’s Photographic, 1995, Volume 23, Page 12
- Cole, T. (2014) ‘Mishka Henner’, Aperture, 217, page 43.
- Eodice, L. (1999) From black-and-white to ultra color: Joanne Domka’s hand-colored prints are true works of art, Petersen’s Photographic, Volume 27, Issue 11, Page 28.
- Fraser, K. (no date) Staging Desires: Japanese Femininity in Kusakabe Kimbei’s Nineteenth-Century Souvenir Photography. Available at: http://www.caareviews.org/reviews/2340 (Accessed: 3 April 2015)
- Jones, P. (2008) ‘JOHN STEZAKER: MARRIAGE BY ESSAY BY CECILIA JÄRDEMAR AND JOHN STEZAKER: MASKS BY ESSAY BY CAOIMHÍN MAC GIOLLA LÉITH’, The Art Book, Volume 15, Issue 3, Pages 26–26.
- Krensky, J. (1986) Hand coloring; the technique that will not die. Petersen’s Photographic, Volume 15, Page 28
- McKinnis, J. (1993) Coloring my world by hand. (hand coloring of black-and-white photographs) Petersen’s Photographic, Volume 21, Page 2)
- Newman, M. (2010) ‘The Image Beside the Image and the Image Within the Image: Prolegomena to an Approach to the Collages of John Stezaker’, Parallax, Volume 16(Issue 2), p. Pages 79–86.
- Soutter, L. (2013) ‘Eva Stenram: Drape’, Aperture, issue 212, page 123-127.
- Thomson, A. (1992) Black + white in color. (coloring black-and-white photographs) School Arts, Volume 9, Page 10
- Wakita, M. (2009) ‘Selling Japan: Kusakabe Kimbei’s Image of Japanese Women’, History of Photography, Volume 33(Issue 2), p. Pages 209–223
- AutomotiveArtists (no date) Joanne Domka. Available at: http://www.automotiveartists.com/joanne-domka/ (Accessed: 26 March 2015)
- Bicker, P. (2013) ‘Philip-Lorca diCorcia’s Groundbreaking Portraits of Hustlers | LightBox | TIME.com’, Lightbox. TIME.com. Available at: http://lightbox.time.com/2013/10/18/trade-philip-lorca-dicorcias-hollywood-hustlers-drug-addicts-and-drifters/ (Accessed: 26 February 2015).
- Brown, M. (2014) Ken Livingstone: first painted portrait of former London mayor on display. Available at: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/03/ken-livingstone-london-mayor-painting-national-portrait-gallery (Accessed: 4 February 2015)
- Chen Nong (no date) Available at: http://www.chinaphotoeducation.com/Carol_China/Chen_Nong.html (Accessed: 12 March 2015)
- Group, D. M. (2014) Yang at Galerie Paris-Beijing. DestinAsian. Available at: http://www.destinasian.com/countries/east-southeast-asia/china/yang-yongliang-at-galerie-paris-beijing/ (Accessed: 26 February 2015).
- Hisaji Hara – Artists (no date) Danziger Gallery. Available at: http://www.danzigergallery.com/artists/hisaji-hara/6 (Accessed: 25 February 2015).
- KUB (2013) Gabriel Orozco Natural Motion Press Release. Available at: http://www.kunsthaus-bregenz.at/presse_orozco/Presskit_Orozco_english.pdf (Accessed: 23 February 2015).
- Lebedev, I. (no date) Julia Borissova, Running to the Edge | Griffin Museum of Photography, Griffin Museum. Available at: http://www.griffinmuseum.org/blog/show/julia-borissova-running-to-the-edge/ (Accessed: 28 January 2015).
- Moma, http://www.moma.org/learn/moma_learning/themes/pop-art/appropriationviewed 03.02.15
- National Portrait Gallery – New portrait of Sir James Dyson by Juliian Opie on show at the National Portrait Gallery (no date) Available at: http://www.npg.org.uk/about/press/new-portrait-of-sir-james-dyson-by-juliian-opie-on-show-at-the-national-portrait-gallery.php (Accessed: 4 February 2015)
- O’Hagan, S. (2011) ‘Unreal cities: Sohei Nishino’s magical photographic maps of London, Tokyo and utopia’, The Guardian, 24 February. Available at: http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2011/feb/24/sohei-nishino-diorama-maps (Accessed: 26 February 2015).
- O’Hagan, S. (2012) ‘Hisaji Hara – review’, The Guardian, 26 February. Available at: http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2012/feb/26/hisaji-hara-photography-hoppen-review (Accessed: 25 February 2015).
- Philip-Lorca diCorcia (2015) David Zwirner. Available at: http://www.davidzwirner.com/artists/philip-lorca-dicorcia/biography/ (Accessed: 26 February 2015).
- Reverman, Brian, ‘Stop Copying Me’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BbOapMGTmI&feature=youtu.be viewed 03.02.15
- Saatchi Gallery (2015) John Stezaker – Artist’s Profile – The Saatchi Gallery. Available at: http://www.saatchigallery.com/artists/john_stezaker.htm (Accessed: 10 March 2015)
- Simons, R. (2012) Chen Nong, Climbing to the Moon. Available at: http://reflexamsterdam.com/wp-content/themes/newfish/pdf/chen_nong.pdf (Accessed: 12 March 2015)
- Singer, O. (2014) ‘The unseen America of Philip-Lorca diCorcia’, Dazed. Available at: http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/18892/1/philip-lorca-dicorcias-unseen-america (Accessed: 26 February 2015).
- Street, B. (no date) On Aliki Braine. Available at: http://benstreet.co.uk/?p=142 (Accessed: 11 March 2015)
- The Tate: http://www.tate.org.uk/learn/online-resources/glossary/a/appropriation viewed 03.02.15
- Yang Yongliang (no date) China Photo Education. Available at: http://www.chinaphotoeducation.com/Carol_China/Yang_Yongliang.html (Accessed: 26 February 2015).
- Taylor Wessing Portrait Prize, National Portrait Gallery, London, Visited 3/2/2015
- Time and Place, Solent Showcase Gallery, 13/02/2015 – 21/03/2015, Visited 20/03/2015